Saturday, January 3, 2009

you only tell the truth when you're drunk


I met you in a bar down San Francisco way
You said you seen me coming from a quarter mile away
On account of my smile and the way it shone
And I wish there was a way I could have known
You only tell the truth when you’ve had a drink or two
But by then you’d caught me like the flu.

It was after several beers and a couple shots of whiskey
You had your arm around me; you were getting kind of frisky.
You said I weren’t good looking by a long shot
But something bout the full moon got you all hot
And you figured that I’d be an easy lay
I guess I just admired your honesty

Well, that fateful night in Frisco
Was about three of your kids ago
Now I cut hair and you sell cars
And the money don’t go very far
And its hard for me to keep standing’ my man
When you say you wish I’d been a one-night-stand

Yeah, you talk shit that you don’t mean
So. I just get down that old Jim Beam
Pour my babe a shot or three
And soon enough you’re loving’ me
Saying without me your world would end
I’m your love, your life and your best friend

Well people say a lot of things
And who can tell which ones they mean
But I’ve got a lie detector test
To test whatever you confess
And you best believe it’s a hundred proof
I’m drunk off you and that’s truth

But you only tell the truth when you’re drunk
You only tell the truth when you’re drunk



No comments: