Monday, September 15, 2008

Tappin' Telephone Blues

You used to call me every night
We’d talk until the sky turned light
But l guess one of us fucked up
Cuz now when I call you don’t pick up
And I’m still on hold and single
And all I get’s a busy signal
We used to connect just fine
But I can’t get you off my mind
I’m tired of callin’ all the time
And I can’t make it on my own
Honey, I’m sorry but I’ve been forced to tap your phone

Oh, You’re making calls long distance
To some Arabian Princess
Yeah, pick up the receiver
It’s another eager beaver
Baby you’re so silver-tongued
With every word my heart is stung
With other girls your words caressing
I just pretend that you’re addressing
Me, but I’m digressing
I know it’s wrong but I feel fine
I can’t get off your party line


I used to think reception
Came after wedding, pre-conception
But in our case babe, it came before
Cuz I stopped knocking on your door
And I stopped following you around
Now I just listen to the sound
Of your voice upon the phone
So one day when you’re all alone
And all I hear’s a dial tone
When you are lonesome and blue
That’s when I’ll come back to you
And this time I’ll know what to do
Cuz I tapped your phone

I know it’s wrong but I feel fine
I can’t get off your party line


1 comment:

creator said...

as a matter of fac squirrel is back. Tell all your friends who don't wear depends. Depends on how real u r, i guess. I so stoned i'm a mess.

the realness-

SQUIRRELSQUIRRELSQUIRREL.BLOGSPOT.COM