Saturday, September 20, 2008

Varsity Booze

To whom it may concern
I took your picture off the wall
I put it in that closet full of shit
at the end of the hall
And it might please you to learn
I took the whiskey off the shelf
If drinking’s why you left me,
now I’m drinking just to leave myself

Well you could’ve found my heart
With a well trained Saint Bernard
And that little cask of brandy
Would really come in handy
Lost inside the snow storm of your love

If anybody’s listening
I took another shot
Yeah I got a raw deal
And I don’t feel so hot
This bottle should be christening
My baby’s brand new yacht
But it’s the last I’ve got
Think I’ll take another shot

Well, There’s romance in the moonshine
And warmth inside a glass of wine
Promises in a flask of gin
But tomorrow I’m alone again
Eighty-sixed from the barroom of your love

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like you are really working towards your goal of moving to the deep south....Nashville time? Are you OK actually?